44 references found for Vespula germanica:
Results Page: 1
1. Beggs, J.R. 2000. Impact and control of introduced Vespula wasps in New Zealand. Hymenoptera: Evolution, Biodiversity and Biological Control. eds. A.D. Austin, M. Dowton CSIRO publishing. 468 pp.
Summary: Available from: http://www.rsnz.org/publish/nzjz/2000/9.pdf [Accessed 28 November 2006]
Summary: Available from: http://www.rsnz.org/publish/nzjz/2002/022.pdf [Accessed 28 November 2006]
4. Chang V, 1988. Toxic baiting of the western yellow jacket (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) in Hawaii. J. Econ. Entomol. 81, 228-235.
Summary: Available from: http://www.rsnz.org/publish/nzjz/2002/010-lo.pdf [Accessed June1 2005]
6. D’adamo P, Lozada M, Corley J 2003. Conspecifics enhance attraction of Vespula germanica (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) foragers to food baits. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 96: 685–688
7. D’adamo, P; Lozada, M 2005. Conspecific and food attraction in the wasp Vespula germanica (Hymenoptera: Vespidae), and their possible contributions to control. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 98: 236-240
8. Donovan, B. J., 1996 Progress with biological control of wasps. The New Zealand Beekeeper 3 (4): 14-15
Summary: Available from: http://www.ento.org.nz/nzentomologist/free_issues/Vol%2025-17-25.pdf [Accessed June1 2005]
10. Donovan, B.J., Moller, H., Plunkett, G.M., Read, P.E.C., & Tilley, J.A.V. 1989. Release and recovery of the introduced wasp parasitoid Sphecophaga vesparum vesparum (Curtis) (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae) in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Zoology, 16, 355-364.
Summary: Available from: http://www.rsnz.org/publish/nzjz/2001/4.pdf [Accessed 28 November 2006]
Summary: Available from: http://www.doc.govt.nz/upload/documents/science-and-technical/Sfc115.pdf [Accessed 18 February 2008]
Summary: Available from: from: http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/research/biocons/invertebrates/id_surveillance.asp [Accessed 11 April 2007]
Summary: Available from: http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/research/biocons/invertebrates/Wasps/wasp_control.asp [Accessed 10 April 2007]
15. Merino, L., France, A. & Gerding, M. (2007). Selection of native fungi strains pathogenic to Vespula germanica (Hymenoptera: Vespidae). Agricultura Tecnica 67(4): 335-342.
16. Sackmann P, Rabinovich M, Corley J C, 2001. Succesful removal of Vespula germanica (Hymenoptera:Vespidae) by toxic baiting in NW Patagonia, Argentina. J. Econ. Entomol. 94, 812-816.
17. Spurr, E B., 1991. Reduction of wasp (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) populations by poison baiting; experimental use of sodium monofluoroacetate (1080) in canned sardine. NZ. J. Zool.18, 215-222.
18. Sutherst, R. W.; Maywald, G. F.; Yonow, T.; Stevens, P. M. 1999: CLIMEX: predicting the effects of climate on plants and animals. User guide. CSIRO Publications. 88 p.
Summary: PaDIL (Pests and Diseases Image Library) is a Commonwealth Government initiative, developed and built by Museum Victoria's Online Publishing Team, with support provided by DAFF (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry) and PHA (Plant Health Australia), a non-profit public company. Project partners also include Museum Victoria, the Western Australian Department of Agriculture and the Queensland University of Technology.
The aim of the project is: 1) Production of high quality images showing primarily exotic targeted organisms of plant health concern to Australia. 2)Assist with plant health diagnostics in all areas, from initial to high level. 3) Capacity building for diagnostics in plant health, including linkage developments between training and research organisations. 4)Create and use educational tools for training undergraduates/postgraduates. 5) Engender public awareness about plant health concerns in Australia.
PaDIL is available from : http://www.padil.gov.au/aboutOverview.aspx, this page is available from: http://www.padil.gov.au/viewPestDiagnosticImages.aspx?id=794 [Accessed 10 November 2007]
Summary: Available from: http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/intertext.nsf/Attachments/CART-63G3FC/$FILE/Wasp_Report_02_final.pdf [Accessed 28 November 2006]
21. Wood G, Hopkins K, Schellhorn N A, 2006. Preference by Vespula germanica (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) for processed meats: implications for toxic baiting. J Econ. Entomol. 99, 263-267.
22. Allsopp, M & G. Tribe (ARC-PPRI) 2003. Recent spread of Vespula germanica (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) is cause for concern [ORAL PAPER] 14th Congress of the Entomological Society of Southern Africa, held at the University of Pretoria, 6-9 July 2003
23. Archer M. E. 1998. The world distribution of the Euro-Asian species of Paravespula (Hym., Vespinae). Entomol. Mon. Mag. 134:279–284.
24. Barlow, N.D; Beggs, J.R.; Barron, M.C. 2002: Dynamics of common wasps in New Zealand beech forests: a model with density-dependence and weather. Journal of Animal Ecology 71: 663–671.
25. Clapperton B K, Alspach P A, Moller H, Matheson A G 1989. The impact of common and German wasps (Hymenoptera, Vespidae) on the New-Zealand beekeeping industry. New Zealand Journal of Zoology 16 (3): 325-332
Summary: Available from: http://www.rsnz.org/publish/nzjz/1994/29.pdf [Accessed 28 November 2006]
27. Dubatolov, V.V. & Milko, D.A. (2004). Social wasps of the subfamily Vespinae (Hymenoptera, Vespidae) of the Kyrghyz Republic. Entomological Science 7: 63-71.
28. Edwards R. 1976. The world distribution pattern of the German wasp Paravespula germanica (Hymenoptera:Vespidae). Entomol. German. 3:269–271.
29. Farji-Brener, A. G., and J. C. Corley. 1998. Successful invasion of hymenopteran insects into NW Patagonia. Ecol.Aust. 8: 237-249.
30. Goodisman M A D, Matthews R W, Crozier R 2002. Mating and reproduction in the wasp Vespula germanica. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 51, 497-502.
31. Haddad, N.J., Dvorak, L., Adwan, O., Mdanat, H. & Bataynah, A. (2007). New data on Vespid wasp fauna of Jordan (Hymenoptera, Vespidae). Linzer Biologische Beitraege 39(1): 137-142.
32. Harris R J 1991. Diet of the wasps Vespula vulgaris and Vespula germanica in honeydew beech forest of the South Island, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Zoology, 18, 159–170.
Summary: Available from: http://www.rsnz.org/publish/nzjz/1996/91.pdf [Accessed June 1 2005]
34. Kasper, M. L., Cooper, S. J. B., Perry, K. D and Austin, A. D., 2004. Assessment of prey overlap between a native (Polistes humilis) and an introduced (Vespula germanica) social wasp using morphology and phylogenetic analyses of 16S rDNA. Molecular Ecology 13, 2037–2048
35. Kasper, M.L., Reeson, A.F., Mackay, D.A. & Austin, A.D. (2008). Environmental factors influencing daily foraging activity of Vespula germanica. Insectes Sociaux 55: 288-295.
Summary: Available from: http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/research/biocons/invertebrates/Wasps/distribution.asp [Accessed 10 April 2007]
37. Matthews, R.W., Goodisman, M.A.D., Austin, A.D. and Bashford, R. 2000. The Introduced English Wasp Vespula vulgaris (L.) (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) newly recorded invading native forests in Tasmania, Australian Journal of Entomology 39: 177–179.
38. McGain, F., Harrison, J., & Winkel, K.D. 2000. Wasp sting mortality in Australia. Medical Journal of Australia, 173, 198-200
39. Mingomataj, E., Ohri, D., Dhimitri, V., Priftanji, A., Qirko, E., Pani, L., Fischer, T.C., Dinh, Q.T., Peiser, C., Fischer, A., & Groneberg, D.A. 2003. Hymenoptera sting anaphylactic reactions in the Mediterranean population of Albania. Journal of Investigational Allergology and Clinical Immunology, 13, 272-277.
41. Plunkett, GM; Moller, H; Clapperton, BK; Thomas, CD 1989. Overwintering colonies of German (Vespula germanica) and common wasps (Vespula vulgaris) (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Zoology 16, 345-353.
42. Spradbery, J.P. and Maywald, G.F., 1992. The distribution of the European or German wasp, Vespula germanica (F.) (Hymenoptera: Vespidae), in Australia: past, present and future. Australian Journal of Zoology. 40: 495-510
43. Tribe , G. D., Richardson , D. M., 1994. The European wasp, Vespula germanica (Fabricius) (Hymenoptera: Vespidae) in southern Africa and its potential distribution as predicted by ecoclimatic matching Afr. Entomol 1994 vol. 29, page 277
44. Ward, D., Honan, P. and Lefoe, G. 2002. Colony structure and nest characteristics of European wasps, Vespula germanica (F.) (Hymenoptera: Vespidae), in Victoria, Australia, Australian Journal of Entomology 41: 306-309.