35 references found for Beak and feather disease virus (BFDV):
Results Page: 1
1. Bert, E., Tomassone, L., Peccati, C., Navarrete, M. G. & Sola, S.C., 2005. Detection of beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) and avian polyomavirus (APV) DNA in Psittacine Birds in Italy. J Vet Med B 52, 64–68.
2. Commonwealth of Australia. 2004. Draft Threat Abatement Plan for Psittacine Circoviral (Beak and Feather) Disease Affecting Endangered Psittacine Species. Department of the Environment and Heritage.
3. Dahlhausen, B. & Radabaugh, S., 1993. Update on Psittacine beak and feather disease and avian poloymavirus testing. Proceeding of association of avian veterinarians. Nashvile, TN, pp 5-7.
Summary: Available from: http://www.doc.govt.nz/upload/documents/science-and-technical/pcv.pdf [Accessed 7 March 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/threatened/publications/tap/beak-feather/index.html [Accessed July 20 2005]
Summary: Available from: http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/threatened/publications/recovery/orange-bel-parrot/index.html#176 [Accessed July 20 2005]
Summary: Available from: http://188.8.131.52/search?q=cache:9Ihz2hlcp34J:numbat.murdoch.edu.au/caf/pbfd.htm+shane+raidal+home+page&hl=en [Accessed January 28th 2005]
8. Raidal, S. R. & Cross, G. M., 1994. Control by vaccination of psittacine beak and feather disease in a mixed flock of Agapornis species. Aust Vet Pract 24, 178–180.
9. Raidal, S. R., Sabine, M. & Cross, G. M., 1993. Laboratory diagnosis of psittacine beak and feather disease by haemagglutination and haemagglutination inhibition. Aust Vet J 70, 133-137.
10. Raidal, S.R., Firth G.A. and Cross G.M. 1993a. Vaccination and challenge studies with psittacine beak and feather disease virus. Australian Veterinary Journal 70: 437-441.
11. Raidal, S.R., McElnea C.L. and Cross G.M. 1993b. Seroprevalence of psittacine beak and feather disease in wild psittacine birds in New South Wales. Australian Veterinary Journal 70: 137-139.
12. Raidal, S.R., Sabine M. and Cross G.M. 1993c. Laboratory diagnosis of psittacine beak and feather disease by haemagglutination and haemagglutination inhibition. Australian Veterinary Journal 70: 133-137.
13. Riddoch, P. A., Raidal, S. R. & Cross, G. M., 1996. Psittacine circovirus antibody detection and an update on the methods for diagnosis of psittacine beak and feather disease. Aust Vet Pract 26, 134.
14. Ritchie P. A., Anderson, I. L. & Lambert, D. M., 2003. Evidence for specificity of psittacine beak and feather disease viruses among avian hosts. Virol 1, 109-115.
15. Ritchie, B. W., Niagro, F. D., Latimer, K. S. Steffens, W. l., Pesti, D. & Lukert, P. D., 1991a. Haemagglutination by psittacine beak and feather disease virus and use of hemagglutination inhibition for detection of antibodies against the virus. Am J Vet Res 52, 1810-1815.
16. Sanada, N. & Sanada, Y., 2000. The sensitivities of various erythrocytes in a haemagglutination assay for the detection of psittacine beak and feather disease virus. J Vet Med 47, 441-443.
17. Todd, D. 2000. Circoviruses: Immunosuppressive threats to avian species: A review. Avian-Pathology. 2000; 29(5): 373-394.
18. Ypelaar, I., M. R. Bassami, G. E. Wilcox, and S. R. Raidal. 1999. A universal polymerase chain reaction for the detection of psittacine beak and feather disease virus. Veterinary-Microbiology. 1999; 68(1-2): 141-148.
19. Baker, J. R. 1997. Survey of feather diseases of exhibition budgerigars in the United Kingdom. Vet Rec. 1997 Feb 22;140 (8):212.
20. Bassami, M. R., Berryman, D., Wilcox, G. E. & Raidal, S. R., 1998. Psittacine beak and feather disease virus nucleotide sequence analysis and its relationship to porcine circovirus, plant circoviruses, and chicken anaemia virus. Virol 249, 453-459.
21. Bassami, M. R., Ypelaar, J., Berryman, D., Wilcox, G. E. & Raidal, S. R., 2001. Genetic diversity of beak and feather disease virus detected in psittacine species in Australia. Virol 279, 392–400.
Summary: Available from: http://www.birdlife.org.za/news2/press_front.cfm?ipkPressID=39 [Accessed July 20 2005]
23. Cross, G., 1996. Avian viral disease. ln Disease of cage and aviary birds, 3rd Ed. (W. J. Rosskopf and R.W. Woerpel, Eds.). Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, pp.548-567.
24. de KIoet, E. & de KIoet ,S.R., 2004. Analysis of the beak and feather disease viral genome indicates the existence of several genotypes which have a complex psittacine host specificity. Arch Virol 49,2393-412.
25. Doneley, R. J. T. 2003. Acute Beak and Feather Disease in juvenile African Grey parrots - an uncommon presentation of a common disease. Aust Vet J Vol 81, No 4, April 2003.
26. Environment Australia, 2000. Norfolk Island National Park and Norfolk Island Botanic Garden. Plans of management.
27. Gill, J. H. 2001. Avian skin diseases. Veterinary Clin North Am Exot Anim Pract. 2001 May;4(2):463-92, vi.
28. Heath, L., D. P. Martin, L. Warburton, M. Perrin, W. Horsfield, C. Kinglsey, E. P. Rybicki, and A. L. Williamson. 2004. Evidence of unique genotypes of Beak and Feather disease virus in southern Africa. Journal-of-Virology. 2004; 78(17): 9277-9284.
29. Kiatipattanasakul, W., R. Tantileartcharoen, K. Katayama, K. Susuzki, T. Lekdumrogsak, H. Nakayama, and K. Doi. 2002. Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease in Three Captive Sulphure-Crested Cockatoos (Cacatua galerita) in Thailand. J. Vet Med. Sci. 64(6): 527-529.
30. Kock, N. D. (1990). Confirmation of psittacine beak and feather disease in Lillian’s lovebirds (Agapornis lillianae) in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Vet J 21, (2) 73.
31. Latimer, K. S., Rakich, P. M., Steffens, W. L., Kircher, I. M., Ritchie, B. W., Niagro, F. D. & Lukert, P. D., 1991. A novel DNA virus associated with feather inclusions in psittacine beak and feather disease. Vet Pathol 28, 300-304.
Summary: Taxonomy of the species.
Avialable from: http://vir.sgmjournals.org/cgi/content/full/82/11/2805 [Accessed July 20, 2005]
33. Rahous, M., and M. H. Wolff. 2003. Psittacine beak and feather disease: A first survey of the distribution of beak and feather disease virus inside the population of captive psittacine birds in Germany. Journal-of-Veterinary-Medicine-Series-B. 2003; 50(8): 368-371.
34. Raidal, S. R. & Cross, G. M., 1994. The haemagglutination spectrum of psittacine beak and feather disease virus. Avian Pathol 23, 621-630
35. Todd, D. 2004. Avian circovirus diseases: Lessons for the study of PMWS. Veterinary-Microbiology. 2004; 98(2): 169-174.