16 references found for Corbicula fluminea:
Results Page: 1
1. Balcom, N. C. 1994. Aquatic Immigrants of the Northeast, No. 4: Asian Clam, Corbicula fluminea. Connecticut Sea Grant College Program.
Summary: A broad report on the description, biology, impacts, introduction pathways, and control measures.
Summary: The electronic tool kits made available on the Cefas page for free download are Crown Copyright (2007-2008). As such, these are freeware and may be freely distributed provided this notice is retained. No warranty, expressed or implied, is made and users should satisfy themselves as to the applicability of the results in any given circumstance. Toolkits available include 1) FISK- Freshwater Fish Invasiveness Scoring Kit (English and Spanish language version); 2) MFISK- Marine Fish Invasiveness Scoring Kit; 3) MI-ISK- Marine invertebrate Invasiveness Scoring Kit; 4) FI-ISK- Freshwater Invertebrate Invasiveness Scoring Kit and AmphISK- Amphibian Invasiveness Scoring Kit. These tool kits were developed by Cefas, with new VisualBasic and computational programming by Lorenzo Vilizzi, David Cooper, Andy South and Gordon H. Copp, based on VisualBasic code in the original Weed Risk Assessment (WRA) tool kit of P.C. Pheloung, P.A. Williams & S.R. Halloy (1999).
The decision support tools are available from: http://cefas.defra.gov.uk/our-science/ecosystems-and-biodiversity/non-native-species/decision-support-tools.aspx [Accessed 13 October 2011]
The guidance document is available from http://www.cefas.co.uk/media/118009/fisk_guide_v2.pdf [Accessed 13 January 2009].
3. Aguirre, W. and S. G. Poss, 1999. Non-Indigenous Species In the Gulf of Mexico Ecosystem: Corbicula fluminea (Muller, 1774) . Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission (GSMFC).
Summary: A report on taxonomy, synonyms, common names, biology, native and the Gulf of Mexico distribution, uses, and impacts.
4. Callil, C.T and Mansur, D., 2002. Corbiculidae in the Pantanal: History of invasion in southeast and central South America and biometrical data. Amazoniana. 17(1-2). 153-167.
5. Counts, C.L III; Villalaz, J.R and Gomez, H.J.A., 2003. Occurrence of Corbicula fluminea (Bivalvia: Corbiculidae) in Panama. Journal of Freshwater Ecology. 18(3). 497-498.
6. Darrigan, G., 1999. Longitudinal distribution of molluscan communities in the Rio de la Plata estuary as indicators of environmental conditions. Malacological Review.(Supplement 8). 1-12.
7. Darrigan, G., 2002. Potential impact of filter-feeding invaders on temperate inland freshwater environments.
Biological Invasions. 4(1-2). 145-156
8. Foster, A. M., P. Fuller, and A. Benson. 2000. Corbicula fluminea (Muller 1774). United States Geological Survey, Center for Aquatic Resource Studies.
Summary: A report on common names, possibility of C. fluminea being more than one species, description, native range of the genus Corbicula , detailed United States distribution, means of introduction, and impacts.
Summary: A brief report on common names, description, similar species, and habitat.
10. Ishibashi, R and Komura, A. 2003. Invasion of Corbicula fluminea into the Lake Biwa-Yodo river system. Venus the Japanese Journal of Malacology. 62(1-2). 65-70.
Summary: An online database that provides taxonomic information, common names, synonyms and geographical jurisdiction of a species. In addition links are provided to retrieve biological records and collection information from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Data Portal and bioscience articles from BioOne journals.
Available from: http://www.itis.gov/servlet/SingleRpt/SingleRpt?search_topic=TSN&search_value=81387 [Accessed December 31 2004]
12. Karatayev, A.Y; Burlakova, L.E; Kesterson, T; Padilla, D.K., 2003. Dominance of the Asiatic clam, Corbicula fluminea (Muller), in the benthic community of a reservoir. Journal of Shellfish Research. 22(2). 487-493.
13. Morgan, D.E; Kesar, M; Swenarton, J.T and Foertch, J.F., 2003. Population dynamics of the asiatic clam, Corbicula fluminea (Muller) in the Lower Connecticut River: Establishing a foothold in New England. Journal of Shellfish Research. 22(1). 193-203.
14. Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. 2003. The Asiatic Clam, Corbicula fluminea . Richland, Washington: PNNL Ecology Group.
Summary: A report on biology of C. fluminea. Includes detailed procedure for raising C. fluminea in the classroom.
15. Swinnen, F; Leynen, M; Sablon, R; Duvivier, L and Vanmaele, R., 1998. The Asiatic clam Corbicula (Bivalvia: Corbiculidae) in Belgium. Bulletin de L'Institut Royal des Sciences Naturelles de Belgique Biologie. 68(0). 47-53.
16. Vincent, T and Brancotte, V., 2002. Present distribution and spreading modes of Corbicula spp. in France. Bulletin de la Societe Zoologique de France. 127(3). 241-252.