Interim profile, incomplete information
15 references found for Gonipterus scutellatus:
Results Page: 1
Summary: Available from: http://www.eppo.org/QUARANTINE/insects/Gonipterus_gibberus/DS_Gonipterus_spp.pdf [Accessed 26 July 2010]
2. Hanks, L. M.; Millar, J. G.; Paine, T. D.; Campbell, C. D., 2000. Classical biological control of the Australian weevil Gonipterus scutellatus (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) in California. Environmental Entomology. 29(2). April, 2000. 369-375.
Summary: This compilation of information sources can be sorted on keywords for example: Baits & Lures, Non Target Species, Eradication, Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Weeds, Herbicides etc. This compilation is at present in Excel format, this will be web-enabled as a searchable database shortly. This version of the database has been developed by the IUCN SSC ISSG as part of an Overseas Territories Environmental Programme funded project XOT603 in partnership with the Cayman Islands Government - Department of Environment. The compilation is a work under progress, the ISSG will manage, maintain and enhance the database with current and newly published information, reports, journal articles etc.
4. Paine, T. D.; Millar, J. G., 2002. Insect pests of eucalypts in California: Implications of managing invasive species. Bulletin of Entomological Research. 92(2). April, 2002. 147-151.
5. Santolamazza-Carbone, Serena; Pestana Nieto, Montserrat; Perez Otero, Rosa; Mansilla Vazquez, Pedro; Cordero Rivera, Adolfo, 2009. Winter and spring ecology of Anaphes nitens, a solitary egg-parasitoid of the Eucalyptus snout-beetle Gonipterus scutellatus. BioControl (Dordrecht). 54(2). APR 2009. 195-209.
6. Tribe, G. D. 2005. 'The present status of Anaphes nitens (Hymenoptera: Mymaridae), an egg parasitoid of the Eucalyptus snout beetle Gonipterus scutellatus, in the Western Cape Province of South Africa', The Southern African Forestry Journal, 203: 1, 49 — 54
Summary: Available from: http://www.padil.gov.au/viewPestDiagnosticImages.aspx?id=771 [Accessed 26 July 2010]
Summary: Available from: http://www.cabi.org/dmpp/?loadmodule=review&page=1155&reviewid=141632&site=164 [Accessed 26 July 2010]
9. Huerta-Fuentes, Amanda; Chiffelle-Gomez, Italo; Serrano-Garzon, Maryi; Vazquez-Silva, Tatiana; Araya-Clericus, Jaime, 2008. Susceptibility of eucalyptus species to Gonipterus scutellatus and electrophoretic profiles of adult marker proteins. Agrociencia. 42(3). APR-MAY 2008. 327-334.
10. Lanfranco, D.; Dungey, H. S., 2001. Insect damage in Eucalyptus: A review of plantations in Chile. Austral Ecology. 26(5). October, 2001. 477-481.
11. Maltzeff, Paolo; Colonnelli, Enzo, 1994. Gonipterus scutellatus Gyllenhal in central Italy (Coleoptera, Curculionidae). Bollettino dell'Associazione Romana di Entomologia. 48(1-4). 1993 (1994). 103-105.
Summary: Gonipterus scutellatus Gyllenhal is reported from central Italy (Latium) for the first time. The Eucalyptus weevil was thus far reported in Europe only from Italian and French Riviera.
12. Rosado-Neto, Germano H., 1993. Gonipterinae of the eucalyptus: First record of Gonipterus scutellatus in the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil and some notes on G. gibberus (Coleoptera, Curculionidae). Revista Brasileira de Entomologia. 37(3). 1993. 465-467.
Summary: Gonipterus scutellatus Gyllenhal, 1833 is reported for the first time in the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Some accounts, synonymies and distribution of this species and of G. gibberus Boisduval, 1835 in southern South America are added. A bibliographic list, mainly of South American references of both species, is also given.
Summary: Available from: http://www.padil.gov.au/viewPestDiagnosticImages.aspx?id=874 [Accessed 26 July 2010]
14. Wilcken, C. F.; de Oliveira, N. C.; Sartorio, R. C.; Loureiro, E. B.; Bezerra Junior, N.; Rosado Neto, G. H., 2008. Gonipterus scutellatus Gyllenhal (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) occurrence in Eucalyptus plantations in Espirito Santo State Brazil. Arqivos do Instituto Biologico Sao Paulo. 75(1). JAN-MAR 2008. 113-115.
Summary: The eucalyptus snout beetle Gonipterus scutellatus Gyllenhal was found in Espirito Santo State, Brazil, attacking clonal plantations of Eucalyptus urophylla x E. grandis (hybrid “urograndis”). The presence of this species in Brazil has been known since 1979, with a geographical distribution restricted to Brazil’s South and São Paulo State. The pest’s introduction to the state of Espírito Santo was probably accidental and its occurrence has been limited to the central region of the state. Field surveys did not detect the egg parasitoid Anaphes nitens (Hymenoptera: Mymaridae), which is the main natural enemy of G. scutellatus.
15. Withers, T. M., 2001. Colonization of eucalypts in New Zealand by Australian insects. Austral Ecology. 26(5). October, 2001. 467-476.