40 references found for Anopheles quadrimaculatus:
Results Page: 1
1. Borovsky, D., and M. S. Meola. 2004. Biochemical and cytoimmunological evidence for the control of Aedes aegypti larval trypsin with Aea-TMOF. Archives of Insect Biochemistry & Physiology 55(3):124-139.
2. Chase, J. M., and T. M. Knight. 2003. Drought-induced mosquito outbreaks in wetlands. Ecology Letters 6: 1017-1024.
Summary: A scientific study in which the results sugest that large scale mosquito outbreaks can occur after droughts.
3. Dennet, J. A., J. L. Bernhardt, and M. V. Meisch. 2003. Effects of fipronil and lambda-cyhalothrin against larval Anopheles quadrimaculatus and nontarget aquatic mosquito predators in Arkansas small rice plots. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 19(2):172-174.
4. Dennett, J. A., and M. V. Mesich. 2000. Effectiveness of aerial- and ground-applied Bacillus formulations against Anopheles quadrimaculatus larvae in Arkansas rice plots. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 16(3):229-233.
5. Dennett, J. A., R. L. Lampman, R. J. Novak, and M. V. Meisch. 2000. Evaluation of methylated soy oil and water-based formulations of Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis and Golden Bear Oil (R) (GB-1111) against Anopheles quadrimaculatus larvae in small rice plots. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 16(4):342-345.
6. Groves, R. L., D. A. Dame, C. L. Meek, and M. V. Meisch. 1997. Efficacy of three synthetic pyrethroids against three mosquito species in Arkansas. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 13(2):184-188.
7. Ham, C. M., J. R. Brown, R. O. Musser, C. R. Rutledge, and M. V. Meisch. 1999. Comparison of electrostatic versus nonelectrostatic ULV sprays of Aqua Reslin(R) against Anopheles quadrimaculatus adults. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 15(3):312-314.
8. Ham, C. M., M. V. Meisch, and C. L. Meek. 1999. Efficacy of Dibrom(R), Trumpet(R), and Scourge(R) against four mosquito species in Louisiana. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 15(4):433-436.
9. Kline, D. L. 1999. Comparison of two American Biophysics mosquito traps: The professional and a new counterflow geometry trap. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 15(3): 276-282.
Summary: Distribution information on A. quadrimaculatus in North America
11. Marten, G. G., M. Nguyen, and G. Ngo. 2000. Copepod predation on Anopheles quadrimaculatus larvae in rice fields. Journal of Vector Ecology. 25(1):1-6.
12. Meisch, M. V., C. L. Meek, J. R. Brown, and R. D. Nunez. 1997. Field trial efficacy of two formulations of Permanone against Culex quinquefasciatus and Anopheles quadrimaculatus. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 13(4):311-314
13. Milam, C. D., J. L. Farris, and J. D. Wilhide. 2000. Evaluating Mosquito Control Pesticides for Effect on Target and Nontarget Organisms. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 39: 324-328.
14. Morris, C. D., R. H. Baker, and J. K. Nayar. 1990. A Florida Mosquito Control Fact Sheet: Human Malaria. Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory, IFAS-University of Florida and Entomology Services, Mosquito Control Section, Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services.
Summary: Brief fact sheet providing pesticide management information along with preventative measures.
15. Pridgeon, J.W., Pereira, R.M., Becnel, J.J., Allan, S.A., Clark, G.G. & Linthicum, K.G. 2008. Susceptibility of Aedes aegypti, Culex quinquefasciatus Say, and Anopheles quadrimaculatus Say to 19 Pesticides with Different Modes of Action. Journal of Medical Entomology 45(1): 82-87.
Summary: An in depth review of various methods to control malaria along with suggestions for integrating these methods.
Available from: http://cmr.asm.org/cgi/content/full/15/2/278 [Accessed 13 October 2004].
17. Wallace, J. R., and R. W. Merritt. 1999. Influence of microclimate, food, and predation on Anopheles quadrimaculatus (Diptera: Culicidae) growth and development rates, survivorship, and adult size in a Michigan pond. Environmental Entomology. 28(2):233-239.
18. Xue, R., A. Ali, and D. R. Barnard. 2003b. Laboratory evaluation of toxicity of 16 insect repellents in aerosol sprays to adult mosquitoes. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 19(3):271-274
19. Xue, R., Ali, A. & Barnard, D.R. 2007. Effects of in vivo exposure to DEET on blood feeding behavior and fecundity in Anopheles quadrimaculatus (Diptera: Culicidae). Experimental Parasitology 116: 201-204.
20. Xue, R., and D. R. Barnard. 2003. Boric acid bait kills adult mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae). Journal of Economic Entomology. 96(5):1559-1562.
21. Xue, R., D. R. Barnard, and A. Ali. 2003a. Laboratory evaluation of 18 repellent compounds as oviposition deterrents of Aedes albopictus and as larvicides of Aedes aegypti, Anopheles quadrimaculatus, and Culex quinquefasciatus. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 19(4):397-403.
22. Zhu, K., Heise, S., Zhang, J., Anderson, T. & Starkey, S.R. 2008. Comparative Studies on Effects of Three Chitin Synthesis Inhibitors on Common Malaria Mosquito (Diptera: Culicidae). Journal of Medical Entomology 44(6): 1047-1053.
23. Blackmore, C. G. M., M. S. Blackmore, and P. R. Grimstad. 1998. Role of Anopheles quadrimaculatus and Coquillettidia perturbans (Diptera: Culicidae) in the transmission cycle of Cache Valley virus (Bunyaviridae: Bunyavirus) in the Midwest, U.S.A. Journal of Medical Entomology. 35(5):660-664.
24. Collins, W. E., J. S. Sullivan, G. G. Galland, A. Williams, D. Nace, and T. Williams. 2002. Potential of the Panama strain of Plasmodium vivax for the testing of malarial vaccines in Aotus nancymai monkeys. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene. 67(5):454-458
25. Cupp, W., K. J. Tennessen, W. K. Oldland, H. K. Hassan, G. E. Hill, C. R. Katholi, and T. r. Unnasch. 2004. Mosquito and arbovirus activity during 1997-2002 in a wetland in northeastern Mississippi. Journal of Medical Entomology 41(3):495-501.
26. Hilburn, L. R., and L. M. Cooksey. 2004. Patterns of genetic variability in Anopheles quadrimaculatis (sensu stricto) (Diptera: Culicidae) populations in eastern Arkansas. Journal of Medical Entomology 41(1):40-46.
Summary: An online database that provides taxonomic information, common names, synonyms and geographical jurisdiction of a species. In addition links are provided to retrieve biological records and collection information from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Data Portal and bioscience articles from BioOne journals.
Available from: http://www.itis.gov/servlet/SingleRpt/SingleRpt?search_topic=TSN&search_value=125980 [Accessed 8 February 2008]
Summary: General information regarding the biology of A. quadrimaculatus.
Available from: http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/sp3.htm [Accessed 13 October 2004].
29. Moncayo, A. C., J. D. Edman, and J. T. Finn. 2000. Application of geographic information technology in determining risk of eastern equine encephalomyelitis virus transmission. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 16(1):28-35.
30. Nayar, J. K., and J. W. Knight. 1999. Aedes albopictus (Diptera: Culicidae): An experimental and natural host of Dirofilaria immitis (Filarioidea: Onchocercidae) in Florida, U.S.A. Journal of Medical Entomology. 36(4):441-448.
Summary: An overview of the A. quadrimaculatus species complex and their distributions in Ohio.
Available from: http://ohioline.osu.edu/b641/b641_4.html [Accessed 13 October 2004].
Summary: In depth review of the biology of A. quadrimaculatus.
Available from: http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/mal5.htm [Accessed 13 October 2004].
33. Rafferty, C. S., S. R. Campbell, R. A. Wirtz, and M. Q. Benedict. 2002. Polymerase chain reaction-based identification and genotyping of Anopheles mosquitoes with a 96-pin bacterial replicator. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene. 66(3):234-237.
Summary: Available from: http://www.mosquitocatalog.org/files/pdfs/108100-0.pdf [Accessed 17 November 2009]
35. Rios, L.M. & Connelly. 2008. Common malaria mosquito.
36. Robert, L.L., Santos-Ciminera, P.D., Andre, R.G., Schultz, G.W., Lawyer, P.G., Nigro, J., Masuoka, P., Wirtz, R.A., Neely, J., Gaines, D., Cannon, C.E., Pettit, D., Garvey, C.W., Goodfriend, D. & Roberts, D.R. 2005. Plasmodium-infected Anopheles mosquitoes collected in Virginia and Maryland following local transmission of Plasmodium vivax malaria in Loudoun County, Virginia. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 21(2): 187-193.
37. Samui, K. L., R. M. Gleiser, M. E. Hugh-Jones, and C. T. Palmisano. 2003. Mosquitoes captured in a horse-baited stable trap in southeast Louisiana. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 19(2):139-147.
38. Strickman, D., T. Gaffigan, R. A. Wirtz, M. Q. Benedict, C. S. Rafferty, R. S. Barwick, and H. A. Williams. 2000. Mosquito collections following local transmission of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Westmoreland County, Virginia. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 16(3):219-222.
39. Weidner, E., E. U. Canning, C. R. Rutledge, and C. L. Meek. 1999. Mosquito (Diptera: Culicidae) host compatibility and vector competency for the human myositic parasite Trachipleistophora hominis (Phylum microspora). Journal of Medical Entomology. 36(4):522-525.
40. Wozniak, A., H. E. Dowda, M. W. Tolson, N. Karabatsos, D. R. Vaughan, P. E. Turner, D. I. Ortiz, and W. Wills. 2001. Arbovirus surveillance in South Carolina, 1996-98. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. 17(1):73-78.