25 references found for Spartina densiflora:
Results Page: 1
1. Ayres, Debra R.; Debra L. Smith, Katy Zaremba, Shannon Klohr & Donald R. Strong., 2004. Spread of exotic cordgrasses and hybrids (Spartina sp.) in the tidal marshes of San Francisco Bay, California, USA Biological Invasions 6: 221–231, 2004.
Summary: A study that looked at the spread of Spartina densiflora and other non-native Spartina species. The researchers also examined the ability of the non-natives to colonize a given habitat.
Summary: Available from: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/inventory/pdf/Inventory2006.pdf [Accessed 19 May 2008]
Summary: Information on description, economic importance, distribution, habitat, history, growth, and impacts and management of species.
http://legacy.sfei.org/nis/densecordgrass.html [Accessed 22 May 2010].
The Guidebook is available from: http://legacy.sfei.org/nis/index.html
4. Daehler, Curtis C. & Donald R. Strong., 1996. Status, prediction and prevention of introduced cordgrass Spartina spp. invasions in Pacific estuaries, USA. Biological Conservation
Volume 78, Issues 1-2, October-November 1996, Pages 51-58
Summary: A study that analyzed the ways in which Spartina species invade in order to make predictions about ways to protect habitat from the invasives.
5. Kittelson, Pamela M.; Milton J. Boyd ., 1997. Mechanisms of Expansion for an Introduced Species of Cordgrass, Spartina densiflora, in Humboldt Bay, California. Estuaries, Vol. 20, No. 4. (Dec., 1997), pp. 770-778.
Summary: A study done in Humboldt Bay, California that looked at the mechanisms for expansion for Spartina densiflora.
6. Bortolus, Alejandro & Oscar Iribarne., 1999. Effects of the SW Atlantic burrowing crab Chasmagnathus granulata on a Spartina salt marsh. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 178: 79-88, 1999
7. Bortolus, Alejandro., 2006. The austral cordgrass Spartina densiflora Brong.: its taxonomy, biogeography and natural history Journal of Biogeography 33 (1), 158–168.
Summary: This paper serves as a brief overview of Spartina densiflora in many different aspects.
8. Bortolus, Alejandro., 2008. Error Cascades in the Biological Sciences: The Unwanted Consequences of Using Bad Taxonomy in Ecology. Ambio Vol. 37, No. 2, March 2008
9. Bortolus, Alejandro., Pedro Laterrab, Oscar Iribarne., 2004. Crab-mediated phenotypic changes in Spartina densiflora Brong. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 59 (2004) 97-107
Summary: Online database that provides information on invasive plants that effect the state of California.
Available from: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Spartina_densiflora.php [Accessed 5 February 2008]
11. Castillo, J. M. & Figueroa, E., 2007. Effects of abiotic factors on the life span of the invasive cordgrass Spartina densiflora and the native Spartina maritima at low salt marshes: Changes in life span of cordgrasses
Summary: Variations in the life span of Spartina densiflora were analyzed in this study to help identify factors that limited the plants colonization and continued growth.
12. Castillo, J. M.; L. Fernandez-Baco; E. M. Castellanos; C. J. Luque; M. E. Figueroa; A. J. Davy., 2000. Lower Limits of Spartina densiflora and S. maritima in a Mediterranean Salt Marsh Determined by Different Ecophysiological Tolerances The Journal of Ecology, Vol. 88, No. 5. (Oct., 2000), pp. 801-812.
Summary: A study that looked at the tolerances of Spartina densiflora and Spartina maritima to different ecophysiological factors that can influence growth patterns and habitat limits.
13. Castillo, J.M, Alfredo E. Rubio-Casal, Susana Redondo, Antonio A. Alvarez-Lopez, Teresa Luque, Carlos Luque, Francisco J. Nieva, Eloy M. Castellanos, & Manuel E. Figueroa., 2005. Short-term responses to salinity of an invasive cordgrass. Biological Invasions (2005) 7: 29–35
Summary: A study that looked at the correlation between salinty levels and distribution limits of Spartina densiflora.
14. Fortune, P. M., K. Schierenbeck, D. Ayres, A. Bortolus, O. Catrice, S. Brown and M. L. Ainouche., 2009. The enigmatic invasive Spartina densiflora: A history of hybridizations in a polyploidy context. Molecular Ecology (2008) 17, 4304–4316
Summary: An online database that provides taxonomic information, common names, synonyms and geographical jurisdiction of a species. In addition links are provided to retrieve biological records and collection information from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Data Portal and bioscience articles from BioOne journals.
Available from: http://www.itis.gov/servlet/SingleRpt/SingleRpt?search_topic=TSN&search_value=505303 [Accessed 30 January 2008]
16. Mateos-Naranjo, Enrique; Redondo-Gomez, S.; Silva, J.; Santos, R.; Figueroa, M. E., 2007. Effect of prolonged flooding on the invader Spartina densiflora Brong. Journal of Aquatic Plant Management. 45 JUL 2007. 121-123.
17. Nieva, F.J.J; Castellanos E.M' Castillo J.M; Figueroa M.E., 2005. Clonal growth and tiller demography of the invader cordgrass Spartina densiflora Brongn. at two contrasting habitats in SW European salt marshes. Wetlands: Vol. 25, No. 1 pp. 122–129
Summary: This study's aim was to gain knowledge of Spartina densiflora and its clonal growth habits as well as its interactions with the physiographic position in the tidal frame.
18. Nievaa, F. J. J.; A. Di´az-Espejob, E. M. Castellanosa and M. E. Figueroab., 2001. Field Variability of Invading Populations of Spartina densiflora Brong. in Different Habitats of the Odiel Marshes (SW Spain). Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science (2001) 52, 515–527
Summary: This study, done in the Odiel Marshes of southwest Spain focuses on the ways that Spartina densiflora is able to acieve such high ecological success.
Summary: Online database that provides information on noxious weeds and invasive species to the Washington state area.
Available from:http://www.nwcb.wa.gov/weed_info/Spartina_densiflora.html [Accessed 4 February 2008]
Summary: This paper gives detailed information about the physical characteristics of Spartina densiflora and provides a key.
Available from:http://www.uaf.edu/ces/aiswg/pdf-documents/VegKeyNew-read.pdf [Accessed 4 February 2008]
Summary: Project outlining details and local impacts of Spartina densiflora in San Francisco Bay estuaries.
Available from: http://www.spartina.org/species/spartina-densiflora_v2.pdf [Accessed 4 February 2008]
Summary: Online database that contains presentations from past symposiums held by California Invasive Plant Council.
Available from: http://www.cal-ipc.org/symposia/archive/2005_presentations.php [Accessed 14 February 2008]
Summary: Online database that contains general information about invasive plant species.
Available from: http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/datastore/detailreport.cfm?usernumber=77&surveynumber=182 [Accessed 7 February 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?416236 [Accessed 30 January 2008]
Summary: Online database that includes detailed information about various plants in the United States and its territories.
Available from: http://plants.usda.gov/java/nameSearch?keywordquery=spartina+densiflora&mode=sciname [Accessed 30 January 2008]