41 references found for Paspalum vaginatum:
Results Page: 1
1. City of Cape Town. 2002. Two Rivers Urban Park spatial development framework and phase 1 management plan. Final Draft. Cape Town Administration, Environmental Branch.
Summary: This management plan details the restoration aims for Two Rivers Urban Park in Cape Town, South Africa.
2. Guezou, A., Pozo, P. and Buddenhagen, C. 2007. Preventing establishment: an inventory of introduced plants in Puerto Villamil, Isabela Island, Galapagos. PLoS. 2 (10): e1042.
Summary: This paper discusses invasive plant species on Isabela Island (Galapagos) and makes recommendations for control and eradication.
Summary: This compilation of information sources can be sorted on keywords for example: Baits & Lures, Non Target Species, Eradication, Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Weeds, Herbicides etc. This compilation is at present in Excel format, this will be web-enabled as a searchable database shortly. This version of the database has been developed by the IUCN SSC ISSG as part of an Overseas Territories Environmental Programme funded project XOT603 in partnership with the Cayman Islands Government - Department of Environment. The compilation is a work under progress, the ISSG will manage, maintain and enhance the database with current and newly published information, reports, journal articles etc.
4. Shaw, W.B. and Allen, R.B. 2003. Ecological impacts of sea couch and saltwater paspalum in Bay of Plenty estuaries. Department of Conservation Science Internal Series, No. 112-118, p. 18. May-June 2003.
Summary: This report describes the ecological impact of P. vaginatum and makes control recommendations.
Summary: Available from: http://ecommons.library.cornell.edu/handle/1813/2556 [Accessed 20 March 2008]
Summary: This database compiles information on alien species from British Overseas Territories.
Available from: http://www.jncc.gov.uk/page-3660 [Accessed 10 November 2009]
8. Allen, M., Walker, C. and Pen, L. 2000. Water notes for wetlands management: Advisory notes for land managers on river and wetland restoration. Water and Rivers Commission, Western Australia.
Summary: This information sheet provides information about restoration of wetlands in Western Australia.
9. Bakar, B.H. 2004. Invasive weed species in Malaysian agro-ecosystems: species, impacts and management. Malaysian Journal of Science. 23: 1-42.
Summary: This paper discusses the invasive plant species that occur in Malaysian agro-ecosystems.
10. Bambaradeniya, C.N.B., Ekanayake, S.P., Kekulandala, L.D.C.B., Samarawickrama, V.A.P., Ratnayake, N.D. and Fernando, R.H.S.S. 2002. An Assessment of the Status of Biodiversity in the Muthurajawela Wetland Sanctuary. Occasional Papers of IUCN Sri Lanka No. 3:iv-48pp.
Summary: This paper provides an assessment of the biodiversity of the Muthurajawela Wetland Sanctuary in Sri Lanka.
Summary: This page outlines the conservation values and problems faced at the Djoudj wetlands in Senegal.
Available from: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/sites/index.html?action=SitHTMDetails.asp&sid=6840&m=0 [Accessed 24 April 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.rivermurray.sa.gov.au/work/pdfs/management_plans/Narrung%20Wetland%20Management%20Plan.pdf [Accessed 24 April 2008]
Summary: This document outlines the vascular plants found at Biscayne National Park in Florida, USA.
Available from: http://science.nature.nps.gov/im/units/sfcn/docs/BISC_Vascular_Plant_Final_Report.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
14. Campos, J.A., Herrera, M., Biurrun, I. and Loidi, J. 2004. The role of alien plants in the natural coastal vegetation in central-northern Spain. Biodiversity and Conservation. 13: 2275-2293.
Summary: This paper provides basic information about invasive plants in central-northern Spain.
15. Department of Environmental Protection. 1999. Honeymoon Island State Recreation Area, Unit Management Plan. Division of Recreation and Parks, Florida.
Summary: Available from: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/parks/planning/parkplans/LoversKeyStatePark.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
17. Domingues de Almeida, J. and Freitas, H. 2006. Exotic naturalized flora of continental Portugal - a reassessment. Botanica Complutensis. 30: 117-130.
Summary: This paper lists the alien plants present in Portugal.
18. Englund, R.A., Imada, C., Preston, D.J., Evenhuis, N.L., Cowie, R.H., Puttock, C., Arakaki, K. and Dockall, J. 2001. Native and exotic organism study Lower Wailoa River, Waipio Valley, County of Hawaii. Contribution No. 2001-014 to the Hawaii Biological Survey.
Summary: This report presents the results of a detailed biological survey of the Waipio Valley on Hawaii Is.
Available from: http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/pdf/waipio.pdf [Accessed 24 April 2008]
Summary: This information sheet provides basic ecological and distribution information about P. vaginatum.
Available from: http://plants.usda.gov/plantguide/pdf/pg_pava.pdf [Accessed 22 April 2008]
20. Ghosh, A.K., Pattnaik, A.K. and Ballatore, T.J. 2006. Chilika Lagoon: Restoring ecological balance and livelihoods through re-salinization. Lakes and Reservoirs: Research and Management. 11: 239-255.
Summary: This paper discusses the ecological problems facing Chilika Lagoon in India's Orissa state.
Summary: This report describes the vegetation at Kawhia Harbour, Waikato, New Zealand.
Available from: http://www.ew.govt.nz/publications/technicalreports/documents/tr05-42.pdf [Accessed 24 April 2008]
Summary: This report describes the vegetation at Port Waikato, New Zealand.
Available from: http://www.ew.govt.nz/publications/technicalreports/documents/tr05-41.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.arc.govt.nz/albany/fms/main/Documents/Environment/Coastal%20and%20marine/Hauraki%20Gulf%20State%20of%20the%20Environment%20Report%20-%20Biological%20Diversity%20of%20the%20Gulf.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.plantatlas.usf.edu/synonyms.asp?plantID=2780 [Accessed 20 March 2008]
25. Laegdsgaard, P. 2006. Ecology, disturbance and restoration of coastal saltmarsh in Australia: a review. Wetlands Ecology and Management. 14: 379-399.
Summary: This paper talks about the ecological changes taking place in Australian coastal saltmarsh habitat.
26. Nahonyo, C.L., Mwasumbi, L.B., Eliapenda, S., Msuya, C., Mwansasu, C., Suya, T.M., Mponda, B.O. and Kihaule, P. 2002. Jozani-Chwaka Bay proposed national park biodiversity inventory report. Department of Zoology and Marine Biology, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Summary: This reports on a biological inventory of the proposed Jozani-Chwaka Bay National Park.
Available from: http://cf.tfcg.org/pubs/Jozani%20biodiversity%20inventory%20report%202002.pdf [Accessed 24 April 2008]
Summary: The PIER website provides an overview of invasive weeds such as P. vaginatum in the Pacific region.
Available from: http://www.hear.org/pier/species/paspalum_vaginatum.htm [Accessed 22 April 2008]
28. Robertson, A.I., Bunn, S.E., Boon, P.I. and Walker, K.F. 1999. Sources, sinks and transformations of organic carbon in Australian floodplain rivers. Marine Freshwater Research. 50: 813-829.
Summary: This paper discusses the ecology of Australian floodplain rivers, including the vegetation composition.
29. Sanz-Elorza, M., Dana, E. and Sobrino, E. 2001. Aproximacion al listado de plantas aloctonas invasoras reales y potenciales en Espana (Checklist of invasive alien plants in Spain (Iberian Peninsula and Balearic Islands)). Lazaroa. 22: 121-131.
Summary: This paper lists the invasive and potentially invasive plant species present in Spain.
30. Sanz-Elorza, M., Dana, E.D. and Sobrino, E. 2005. Aproximacion al listado de plantas vasculares aloctonas invasoras reales y potenciales en las islas Canarias (Contribution to a checklist of invasive alien vascular plants in Canary Islands). Lazaroa. 26: 55-66.
Summary: This paper presents a list of the alien vascular plants of the Canary Islands.
Summary: Available from: http://www.artificialreefs.org/ScientificReports/Habitat%20Assessment%20Project.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
Summary: This thesis examined the impacts of P. vaginatum on Galapagos ecosystems.
Available from: http://ecommons.library.cornell.edu/handle/1813/2556 [Accessed 24 April 2008]
33. Starr, F. and Starr, K. 2006. Oahu offshore islets botanical survey. Prepared for: Hawaii State Department of Land and Natural Resources and Offshore Islet Restoration Committee.
Summary: This paper presents the results of a botanical survey of the offshore Oahu islets.
Summary: This report presents the findings of a botanical survey of the offshore islets of Maui, Hawaii.
Available from: http://www.hear.org/starr/publications/2006_maui_islets_botanical_survey.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
35. Swihart, T.I. 2005. Floristic study of the Upper Frio River, Texas. Unpublished MS thesis, Texas A and M University.
Summary: This paper provides information on Ramsar sites in the UK Overseas Territories.
Available from: http://www.jncc.gov.uk/PDF/ramsar_ukOT_Crowndep_reportfinal_0205.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
Summary: The USDA Plants Database provides information about the distribution of P. vaginatum in the USA.
Available from: http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=PAVA [Accessed 22 April 2008]
Summary: The GRIN database provides basic taxonomic and distribution data for a range of species.
Available from: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?26933 [Accessed 22 April 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=PAVA [Accessed 25 April 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/duffy/arb/497-508/503.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.gofishgeorgia.com/assets/documents/CMP.pdf [Accessed 23 April 2008]