23 references found for Python molurus bivittatus:
Results Page: 1
Summary: Available from: http://www.nps.gov/ever/naturescience/upload/2008%20Florida%20Invaders%20For%20Web.pdf [Accessed 1 April 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.chnep.org/grants/r&r_reports/monitorlizarderadication_campbellunivtampa.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
Summary: ELI report, Cooperative Prevention of Invasive Wildlife Introduction in Florida, examines the complex issues faced in addressing the issue of wildlife invasions in Florida. The report analyzes state and federal laws and regulations that affect invasive wildlife species prevention efforts and makes recommendations intended to harmonize state and federal agency efforts in Florida under existing legal authorities. It also recommends changes to the existing laws and regulations that would enable agencies to proactively address the harms posed by nonnative wildlife.
Available from: http://www.elistore.org/reports_detail.asp?ID=11282 [Accessed 7 May 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://www.defenders.org/resources/publications/programs_and_policy/international_conservation/broken_screens/impacts_of_live_wild_animal_imports_to_the_united_states.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
Summary: Available from: http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/DPI/nreninf.nsf/9e58661e880ba9e44a256c640023eb2e/4c317cefcd441f60ca2572a4000a241e/$FILE/LC0303_Mar07.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
6. Mauldin, Richard E. and Peter J. Savarie, 2010. Acetaminophen as an oral toxicant for Nile monitor lizards (Varanus niloticus) and Burmese pythons (Python molurus bivittatus) Wildlife Research 37(3) 2010 215–222
7. Reed, Robert, N., 2005. An Ecological Risk Assessment of Nonnative Boas and Pythons as Potentially Invasive Species in the United States. Risk Analysis, Vol. 25, No. 3, 2005
Summary: Available from: http://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/FactSheet.asp?speciesID=2552 [Accessed 20 November 2007]
Summary: Available from: http://www.vpi.com/sites/vpi.com/files/Barkers.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
10. Burridge, M.J. and L.A. Simmons., 2003. Exotic ticks introduced into the United States on imported reptiles from 1962 to 2001 and their potential roles in international dissemination of diseases. Veterinary Parasitology 113 (2003) 289–320.
Summary: Available from: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/iswgfla/files/Nile%20monitor%20-%20Campbell.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
12. Ferriter, Amy, Bob Doren, Carole Goodyear, Dan Thayer, Jim Burch, Lou Toth, Mike Bodle, Jon Lane, Don Schmitz, Paul Pratt, Skip Snow and Ken Langeland., 2006. Chapter 9: The Status of Nonindigenous Species in the South Florida Environment. 2006 South Florida Environmental Report.
Summary: Available from: http://espri.boisestate.edu/documents/pdf/Volume1_Chapter9.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
Summary: An online database that provides taxonomic information, common names, synonyms and geographical jurisdiction of a species. In addition links are provided to retrieve biological records and collection information from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Data Portal and bioscience articles from BioOne journals.
Available from: http://www.itis.gov/servlet/SingleRpt/SingleRpt?search_topic=TSN&search_value=683069 [Accessed 20 November 2007]
14. Krysko, Kenneth L.; Nifong, James C.; Snow, Ray W.; Enge, Kevin M.; Mazzotti, Frank J., 2008. Reproduction of the Burmese python (Python molurus bivittatus) in southern Florida. Applied Herpetology, Volume 5, Number 1, 2008 , pp. 93-95(3)
Summary: A news article concerning Burmese pythons in Florida.
Available from: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/02/0203_050203_everglades.html [Accessed June 17 2008]
Summary: Available from: http://naherpetology.org/pdf_files/574.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
17. Pitt, William C. and Gary W. Witmer., 2007. Chapter 12 Invasive Predators: a synthesis of the past, present, and future. In Predation in Organisms Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
Summary: Available from: http://reptile-database.reptarium.cz/species.php?genus=Python&species=molurus [Accessed September 8 2010]
Summary: Available from: http://science.nature.nps.gov/im/units/sfcn/docs/Amphibian%20Report%20EVER%202004-1065.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
20. Schumacher, Juergen., 2006. Selected Infectious Diseases of Wild Reptiles and Amphibians. Topics in Medicine and Surgery. Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine, Vol 15, No 1 ( January), 2006: pp 18-24
Summary: Available from: http://www.press.ntu.edu.tw/ejournal/Files/taiwan/200606/1.pdf [Accessed 20 November 2007]
22. Van Mierop, L. H. S.; Susan M. Barnard ., 1976. Observations on the Reproduction of Python molurus bivittatus (Reptilia, Serpentes, Boidae). Journal of Herpetology, Vol. 10, No. 4. (Oct. 25, 1976), pp. 333-340.
Summary: A University of Florida magazine publication with good information from Florida wildlife specialists.
Available from: http://www.jou.ufl.edu/pubs/onb/S07/?id=56 [Accessed June 17 2008]