物理方法：成熟的 R. catesbeiana可用多種方法捕到，包括射擊、矛、弓與箭、棍、網、圈套、釣與用手抓。他們往往是非常害羞，但可以在夜間抓，用一個大火炬(那些偷獵者可以使用)或者也可以用射擊。(Veenvliet 、 P.,pers.comm., 2003)採集卵塊可以成為一種有效的輔助控制方法。牛蛙產單一卵墊，因為它們漂浮在水面上，容易移除。生產之後一天左右, R. catesbeiana卵沉入底部然後變得很難發現。由於卵團易破，用船底抽水機把整個卵團吸起來，可能是最有效的方法。(Govindarajulu, 2004)由於這一物種有幾個月漫長的繁殖季節，雌蛙每年只產卵一次，不到一周卵就孵化了，因此需要非常嚴格的監視或很好的運氣才可以找到卵塊。夜晚時標示出雄牛蛙鳴叫的地點，從這些地點尋找卵團，有助於增加發現卵團的可能性。(Govindarajulu, 2004)
R. catesbeiana能使用爬蟲圍籬控制：用爬蟲圍籬圍住池塘，以抓住幼生，把陷阱放到地上，以捕捉離開池塘的牛蛙。由於卵墊會漂浮在水面上，很容易移除。蝌蚪變態需要兩年。(大部分的北美洲蝌蚪至少過冬一次，有些過冬多次，然而美國南部的蝌蚪在孵化同一年就變態了)一定要照顧好圍籬，確定圍籬是無法越過的，垂直面至少兩呎高，埋入地面下至少六吋，底部轉向池塘四吋，而且要確實埋好，這樣就可以圍住幼生。也要注意其他池塘與水源，成蛙會利用河道作為道路。(Pendlebury 、 P.,pers.comm., 2003)
1. Adams, M.J., Pearl, C.A. and Bury, R.B. 2003. Indirect facilitation of an anuran invasion by non-native fishes. Ecology Letters. 6 (4): 343-351.
摘要： Report on a field experiment designed to test the predictions that: (1) non-native fish (bluegill, Lepomis macrochirus Rafinesque) lower the abundance of native dragonfly nymphs, (2) native dragonfly nymphs reduce the survival of bullfrog tadpoles and (3) survival of larval bullfrogs improves when a nonnative fish is present.
2. Berroneau, Matthieu; Detaint, Mathieu ; Coic, Christophe. 2007. First Results of the Telemetry Study of Bullfrogs in Gironde (September 2004-June 2005), Bulletin de la Societe Herpetologique de France 121: 21-33.
摘要： American bullfrogs (N=25) were followed by Berroneau, Detaint and Coic (2007) using telemetry near Fronsac, Gironde to determine over-wintering habitats, home range and dispersion trends. Results should help in formulating eradication strategies for Bullfrogs, by helping to define the periods and the places of intervention.
4. Centre for Environment, Fisheries & Aquaculture Science (CEFAS)., 2008. Decision support tools-Identifying potentially invasive non-native marine and freshwater species: fish, invertebrates, amphibians.
摘要： The electronic tool kits made available on the Cefas page for free download are Crown Copyright (2007-2008). As such, these are freeware and may be freely distributed provided this notice is retained. No warranty, expressed or implied, is made and users should satisfy themselves as to the applicability of the results in any given circumstance. Toolkits available include 1) FISK- Freshwater Fish Invasiveness Scoring Kit (English and Spanish language version); 2) MFISK- Marine Fish Invasiveness Scoring Kit; 3) MI-ISK- Marine invertebrate Invasiveness Scoring Kit; 4) FI-ISK- Freshwater Invertebrate Invasiveness Scoring Kit and AmphISK- Amphibian Invasiveness Scoring Kit. These tool kits were developed by Cefas, with new VisualBasic and computational programming by Lorenzo Vilizzi, David Cooper, Andy South and Gordon H. Copp, based on VisualBasic code in the original Weed Risk Assessment (WRA) tool kit of P.C. Pheloung, P.A. Williams & S.R. Halloy (1999).
The decision support tools are available from: http://cefas.defra.gov.uk/our-science/ecosystems-and-biodiversity/non-native-species/decision-support-tools.aspx [Accessed 13 October 2011]
The guidance document is available from http://www.cefas.co.uk/media/118009/fisk_guide_v2.pdf [Accessed 13 January 2009].
5. Daszak, P; Strieby, A. ; Cunningham, A. A. ; Longcore, J. E. ; Brown, C. C. ; Porter, D. 2004. Experimental Evidence That the Bullfrog (Rana catesbeiana) is a Potential Carrier of Chytridiomycosis, an Emerging Fungal Disease of Amphibians, Herpetological Journal 14(4): 201-207.
摘要： These results from Daszak and colleagues (2004) provide the first experimental evidence that American bullfrogs can be infected by Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, but are relatively resistant to the disease chytridiomycosis, which is lethal to many other amphibian species.
6. Diego A. Barrasso, Rodrigo Cajade, Santiago J. Nenda, Gabriel Baloriani, Raúl Herrera. 2009. Introduction of the American Bullfrog Lithobates catesbeianus (Anura: Ranidae) in Natural and Modified Environments: An Increasing Conservation Problem in Argentina, South American Journal of Herpetology 4(1): 69-75.
摘要： Diego and colleagues (2009) reported on the American bullfrog for the first time in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina in the locality of 9 de Julio.
7. Doubledee, R.A.; Muller, E.B. and Nisbet, R.M. 2003. Bullfrogs, disturbance regimes, and the persistence of California red-legged frogs. Journal of Wildlife Management. 67 (2): 424-438.
摘要： This article discusses the impacts of bullfrogs on the California red-legged frog (Rana aurora draytonii), and examines various management strategies that have been employed.
9. Ficetola, Gentile Francesco; Bonin, Aurelie ; Miaud, Claude. 2008. Population Genetics Reveals Origin and Number of Founders in a Biological Invasion, Molecular Ecology 17(3): 773-782.
摘要： The authors used extensive genetic data to assess the history of invasion and to infer the propagule pressure for the American bullfrog. The results show that invasive populations of bullfrog in Europe descend from a
handful of founders. The number of founders of invasive populations can be very small and can challenge the monitoring and biological control commonly set up for invaders.
10. Ficetola, Gentile Francesco; Thuiller, Wilfried; Miaud, Claude. 2007b. Prediction and Validation of the Potential Global Distribution of a Problematic Alien Invasive Species - the American Bullfrog, Diversity & Distributions 13(4): 476-485.
摘要： Ficetola and colleagues (2007b) looked at habitat suitability models constructed from global data as well as invasiveness models for the European region. They created a worldwide and European projection for the environmental suitability of the American bullfrog.
11. Galli, Leonardo; Pereira, Alfredo; Marquez, Alejandro; Mazzoni, Rolando. 2006. Ranavirus detection by PCR in cultured tadpoles (Rana catesbeiana Shaw, 1802) from South America, Aquaculture 257(1-4): 78-82.
12. Garner, Trenton W. J.; Susan Walker; Jaime Bosch; Alex D. Hyatt; Andrew A. Cunningham; Matthew C. Fishert. 2005. Chytrid Fungus in Europe, Emerging Infectious Diseases 11(10): 1639-1641.
13. Govindarajulu, P. 2004. Introduced bullfrogs (Rana catesbeiana) in British Columbia: impacts on native Pacific treefrogs (Hyla regilla) and red-legged frogs (Rana aurora). Ph.D. thesis. University of Victoria, Victoria. Chapter 7.
摘要： Contains detailed information about bullfrogs in British Columbia, Canada, and their impact on native frogs.
14. Govindarajulu, Purnima; Altwegg, Res; Anholt, Bradley R. 2005. Matrix model investigation of invasive species control: Bullfrogs on Vancouver Island, Ecological Applications 15(6): 2161-2170.
摘要： The authors studied demography of four populations on southern Vancouver Island, Canada, using field observations and capture-mark-recapture methods to estimate survival, growth, and fecundity of American bullfrogs.
15. Grayson, Kristine L; Roe, Andrew W. 2007. Glow Sticks as Effective Bait for Capturing Aquatic Amphibians in Funnel Traps, Herpetological Review 38(2): 168-170.
16. Group of experts on Invasive Alien Species. 2005. CONVENTION ON THE CONSERVATION OF EUROPEAN WILDLIFE AND NATURAL HABITATS, Group of experts on Invasive Alien Species, 6th meeting, Palma de Majorca (Spain), 9-11 June 2005, BELGIUM / BELGIQUE: Actions taken in Belgium in response to the threats of Invasive alien species.
17. Hanselmann, R.; Rodriguez, A.; Lampo, M.; Rajardo-Ramos, L.; Aguirre, A.A.; Kilpatrick, A.M.; Rodriguez, J.P. and Daszak, P. 2004. Presence of an emerging pathogen of amphibians in introduced bullfrogs Rana catesbeiana in Venezuela. Biological Conservation. 120 (1): 155-119.
摘要： In this study, the authors examined histological samples from apparently healthy American bullfrogs that have been introduced into the Venezuelan Andes. Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, the pathogenic fungus responsible for global declines in amphibians, was present in 96% (46/48) of the individuals examined. In contrast to cases of chytridiomycosis outbreaks, the majority (44/46) of frogs had few, small lesions consistent with little or no clinical disease and no unusual mortality was observed. These findings have implications for amphibian declines in Venezuela and elsewhere.
18. Kraus, F. 2009. Alien Reptiles and Amphibians: A Scientific Compendium and Analysis. Springer
19. McAlpine, Donald F; Vail, Don A., 2005. Hyla Park: managing an amphibian conservation area in an eastern Canadian urban setting. Herpetological Bulletin.(94). WIN 2005. 17-21
22. Scalera R., 2007. An overview of the natural history of non indigenous amphibians and reptiles. In: Gherardi F. (editor) Biological Invaders in Inland Waters: Profiles, Distribution and Threats. Springer. Pp. 141-160.
23. Scalera R., 2007. Virtues and shortcomings of EU legal provisions for managing NIS: Rana catesbeiana and Trachemys scripta elegans as case studies. In: Gherardi F. (editor) Biological Invaders in Inland Waters: Profiles, Distribution and Threats. Springer. Pp. 669-678.
24. The Outlaws of the Ecosystem - Invasive Alien Species Ministry of Environment, Republic of Korea.
摘要： Report from Republic of Korea.