預防措施：它是顯示出此物種的種植被禁止, 除在那裡它能被包含, 與在空的運氣上的花園廢棄物的那傾銷被禁止。一個針對夏威夷與其他太平洋島嶼的南美蟛蜞菊(Sphagneticola trilobata)( Wedelia trilobata)的風險評估，由 Kaulunani 都市森林計畫與美國森林服務部贊助，Dr. Curtis Daehler(UH Botany)執行。外來植物檢查系統衍生自 Pheloung et al。(1999)經過小幅修正使用在太平洋島嶼.(Daehler et al.2004)結果是 13 分，建議如下：可能在夏威夷與其他太平洋島嶼上引起重要的生態或者經濟的傷害，WRA 分數很高，以夏威夷和其他世界各地公開的生物學描述資訊為依據 。
Risk 評估 澳洲的 南美蟛蜞菊(Sphagneticola trilobata)( Wedelia trilobata) 執行者是太平洋島嶼瀕危生態系統(PIER)使用澳洲風險評估系統.(Pheloung, 1995)結果是得分6 分，建議如下：為進口(澳洲)或物種可能拒絕植物到 是一個有害生物(太平洋)。
化學方法：Langeland and Stocker(2000), 建議噴灑 2% Roundup 處理小區塊; 噴灑 5% Roundup 處理大、密集的族群.(依照需要追蹤治療)或在水中的 1/41.0% 的 Garlon 4。
1. Daehler, C.C; Denslow, J.S; Ansari, S and Huang-Chi, K., 2004. A Risk-Assessment System for Screening Out Invasive Pest Plants from Hawaii and Other Pacific Islands. Conservation Biology Volume 18 Issue 2 Page 360.
摘要： A study on the use of a screening system to assess proposed plant introductions to Hawaii or other Pacific Islands and to identify high-risk species used in horticulture and forestry which would greatly reduce future pest-plant problems and allow entry of most nonpests.
3. IUCN/SSC Invasive Species Specialist Group (ISSG)., 2010. A Compilation of Information Sources for Conservation Managers.
摘要： This compilation of information sources can be sorted on keywords for example: Baits & Lures, Non Target Species, Eradication, Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Weeds, Herbicides etc. This compilation is at present in Excel format, this will be web-enabled as a searchable database shortly. This version of the database has been developed by the IUCN SSC ISSG as part of an Overseas Territories Environmental Programme funded project XOT603 in partnership with the Cayman Islands Government - Department of Environment. The compilation is a work under progress, the ISSG will manage, maintain and enhance the database with current and newly published information, reports, journal articles etc.
5. Niue DAFF, 2001. Wedelia Leaflet. Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries (DAFF), Niue. With assistance from SPC - Plant Protection Service.
8. Thaman, R.R. 1999. Wedelia trilobata: Daisy invader of the Pacific Islands. IAS Technical Report 99/2. Institute of Applied Science, University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji Islands.
摘要： This paper is a preliminary account of the status in the Pacific Islands of Wedelia trilobata (L.) Hitch., a recently introduced ornamental groundcover plant that has become an extremely invasive weed in many areas, and has the potential to become one of the most environmentally destructive weeds of the Pacific Islands. It is suggested that Wedelia trilobata should be immediately declared a serious noxious weed, should be restricted from introduction into new islands and habitats, and, where possible, should be exterminated from islands and habitats where it has not gained a foothold.
The paper describes Wedelia trilobata and discusses what is known about its introduction and spread in some island countries, the habitats in which it thrives and has become naturalized or invasive, and the present and potential threat that it poses to island ecosystems and indigenous species. Actions are suggested that could be taken to control the introduction and spread of Wedelia trilobata to islands and habitats where it does not yet exist, and to eradicate it from areas where it is not yet out of control.
12. Wilson, Colin, Wildlife Management Officer, Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Environment, Parks & Wildlife Service, Northern Territory, Australia.
摘要： Compilor of original GISD profile of Chromoleana odorata.