The Pacific Invasives Initiative (PII) is dedicated to providing you with long-term support. If you are a Government agency, NGO, a community-based organisation, or a PILN Team working on, or planning to work on, invasive species management projects, we can work with you to help strengthen your invasive species management capacity by:
- Technical Support and Advice – we have expertise in a number of areas related to invasive species management as well as access to a range of people with expert knowledge.
- Specialist Assistance – we have close links with numerous specialists on invasive species through our networks, including the NZ Department of Conservation (DOC), Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research NZ (Landcare) and Invasive Species Specialist Group (ISSG). These specialist networks complement the knowledge base of our Coordinating Team.
- Peer Review – we can, or can arrange for, review project documents such as proposals, feasibility studies, project design documents and operational plans, prior to application for funding or project implementation.
- Planning Assistance – we can assist you with all the stages of project planning from proposal writing through to monitoring and evaluation.
- Training & Skill Sharing – we can offer or facilitate specific opportunities for training in the field or through training workshops and we encourage cross-country skill sharing.
- Information – we have close links with organizations and experts leading the way globally in invasive species management giving us access to up to date information and research on invasive species and their management. Various types of information can be provided via email or in other forms including manuals, guidelines, case studies, videos etc. Also look at Global Invasive Species Database.